Novice of the Kernow Community, Year 1
Between being accepted as a Postulant and signing up to become an official Novice of the Order, you may like to consider what it means to commit to a religious order.
You may also like to make enquiries with regard to finding a mentor, or Anam Chara at this stage.
We ask you to reflect, from between a minimum of one month, to a maximum of one year before you progress to the Novice stage.
Year 1 Requirements
The basic training requirements for a Novice Year 1 are as follows:
To explore and pursue
– Consecration to God and
– Service to your fellow man
– Healing of the World
– Personal Spiritual Formation
By means of
– The Disciplines and
– The Weightier Matters of the Law
– The Offices or Functions of the Order of Melchizedek
– The Fruits and Gifts of the Spirit
The focus of Study for Year 1 is Discipleship and an introduction to Celtic Christianity and Jewish Christianity.
Book recommendations may be found in our Amazon store under the ‘Celtic Order’ category.
* If you have already signed up for Year 1 training, but have yet to receive your Training Notes, please contact us.
[To be continued]